photo greener grass logo new_zpsew0enxyv.png  photo stitches copy_zpsp3oydyai.png

 photo about_zpshba0art5.png  photo shop_zps24sfyl5o.png  photo workshops_zpsycwnndbh.png  photo craft parties_zps5jskxbkf.png  photo tutorials_zpscfm8kqak.png  photo contact_zpsfhv565sj.png

A Peak Inside Christmas Open House 2014

Last week, some of you may have seen me mention on Facebook about going to the Annual Christmas Open House at The Shoppes at Fourth and Cherry. It was such a fun event and I thought you might like to see some of the pictures! 

The Shoppes on Fourth and Cherry is a store in the our small neighboring town of Ocilla, GA. When you see these pictures, you would never guess that this lovely store (I always describe it as Pottery Barn + Anthropolgie + Southernliving) is in a town that only has one traffic light. It's a beautiful, fresh, on-trend store that has as all the charm of a small town and the style of a big city. 

At this point, you're probably like, uhhhh "Do you work for them?" I do not. I'm just an enthusiastic supporter. The Shoppes, as the locals call it, also holds a bit of a special place in our hearts. The shop owners are friends of our family and became OUR friends starting back when David and I got married. Roxie and her Dad are amazing florists and designers and we were lucky enough to have them do our wedding, way back in 2006. We actually had our wedding reception in the ballroom above The Shoppes. The whole place is a beautiful historic building with charm galore. It was dreamy. 

Now that we've moved back to Fitzgerald, we're happy to call Roxie and her husband Matt our friends and I'm THRILLED to have some of my Greener Grass items (teepees, baby blankets, bow ties, etc) carried in my favorite local store. 

Each year, The Shoppes hosts a phenomenal Christmas Open House. They close down days before the event in preparation and then surprise everyone with their over the top window displays and inspiring Christmas decorations. 

(All photos courtesy of Tara Rigdon via Shoppes at Fourth and Cherry)


Each year, the open house decor is based on a central theme. This year's theme was "The Night Before Christmas" and featured giant vintage storybooks (with real pages!) in each section of the store.








One of the highlights of the event is the amazing food. Heavy hors d'oeuvres served out of the Shoppes Cafe (that's open for lunch each day…yummy food + shopping? Yes, please!) on hobnail crystal party plates feel special and encourage people to linger and visit with their neighbors. 



The hot chocolate bar was my favorite. I felt like a kid piling high my cup with all the fixings! 





Not a creature was stirring, not even…these adorable chocolate mice.



Topping off the delicious spread was the beautiful candy bar. The best part? The homemade Carmel popcorn. Yum. 


There are gorgeous displays around every corner. 




 The stockings were hung on the chimney with care… and St. Nick is making an entrance!







This is the children's section of The Shoppes, where you can find Greener Grass handmade items. How adorable is this bed?


Oh, hello there! I was adding my bow ties to the display and getting ready to help people place their custom teepee orders. Yay!



Isn't it all amazing? Now, I know what you're thinking. "How can I get to this store? I need to go!" That's true. You need to come and see it for yourself. (And you can come visit me! Added bonus!) But I do have some good news until we can pick a date for our sleepover.


The Shoppes is growing and starting an online store called The Southern Mercantile. Thank you, Internet! 


You can read their BLOG. Find them on FACEBOOK. And go SHOP

I highly suggest all doing all three. Right now, Southern Mercantile is having a virtual open house and offering 20% off on seasonal merchandise by using the code CHRISTMASSPIRIT at check out. 

Happy shopping!
mel

25 comments:

  1. We are providing Artificial grass from GBP 9.99 Coventry Artificial Grass Suppliers Fitters Astro Turf Artificial Grass Samples more at fakingitgrass.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artificial grass Coventry
    Faking It Grass are suppliers and experienced installers of Artificial Grass. We have a large range of different types of Artificial grass to meet your needs and budget. We have lush green grass, Tri colour (looks very real) and various colours. All our grass is uv resistant, flame retardant, waterproof, colourfast, pet and child friendly and all has a full manufacturers guarantee. Please take a look at our shop and give us a call if you require and further advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This site is always present interesting article and I hope that such a site is always updated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Artificial Grass Tamworth - We are providing Artificial grass from GBP 9.99 Coventry Artificial Grass Suppliers Fitters Astro Turf Artificial Grass Samples more at fakingitgrass.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I blog frequently and I appreciate your information. Your article really impressed me the most. I will bookmark your blog and keep up to date with your latest news
    wordpress
    blogspot
    youtube
    ហ្គេមបាញ់ត្រី

    ReplyDelete
  6. สล็อตเว็บตรงแท้ สล็อตเว็บไซต์แท้ ปากทางเข้าหลักที่ส่งจากต่างชาติ pgslot ก็มีอัตราการทดแทนที่สูงๆเพียงนักพนันกระทำลงทะเบียนสมัครสมาชิกกับทางเว็บของพวกเราก็รับสิทธิพิเศษดีๆ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this brilliant article it was a very useful and helpful article.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you come to my site and share your opinions. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and opinion with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks for the article, I have a lot of spray lining knowledge but always learn something new.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I really enjoyed your post I want to share with you all a useful source.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was a pretty excellent blog article; please keep writing more like it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The information which you have provided is very helpful and precise.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Additionally, thanks for permitting me to comment!

    ReplyDelete

  15. Thankyou for this wonderful article. I regularly read your article, all are very amazing

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for sharing great blog article.Thanks Again

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for this great article I learn a lot from your article keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

  18. Hello! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to look it over.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for giving this excellent information! Wonderful article.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I appreciate your work for creating this blog and I hope these site help me for

    ReplyDelete
  23. you have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. thank you

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips